In today's world, it's easy to overlook the importance of living every day with joy and intention. Project Joy is a way for us to spark a dialogue of encouragement among our community of customers, our small team, and beyond. It's our goal to provide a platform for discussion, a place to share your everyday joys, and most importantly, a source of inspiration and light—we hope you'll join us.
Hi, All - Jessica, owner of Joyfolie, here.
It's remarkable, isn't it, how quickly the world can change and things that only a few days were certain now seem ominous and scary. Even during these times, or better yet, especially during these times, I try to ground myself in joy, so I can model stability, kindness, and optimism for my team and my family. Here are a few things that I have been practicing to ground myself in joy:
1) Every day I take a few minutes to reflect and describe 3 good things. I do these prayerfully in the morning, but we also do this over dinner as a family. Research has shown that, when done for 21 days straight, this habit can turn a biologically wired pessimist into a low level optimist.
2) Do something good for someone else. Even if the grocery stores are crazy, let someone go ahead of you in line, text a friend that you are there to help if they need it. Smile. Be the one to initiate kindness, even if circumstances feel guarded and frantic.
3) Practice simple habits that bring you happiness: buy a bouquet of flowers and put them on your kitchen table, bake something lovely, listen to a comedy podcast, play uplifting music, paint your nails -- little things that lift your spirits go a long way.
4) Limit the news. It's good to stay informed, but also be wise. I check in a few times a day, but only for a few minutes. Hours of consumption of news can drive panic, at least for me.
5) Communicate with those around you. All the things I listed, I share with my children and team, and invite dialog and questions.
What helps you ground yourself in joy, even in the midst of crisis? Comment below!
Need inspiration, a friendly chat, or just a break from the news? Leave a comment on our social media or send a message our way. As always, we'll be here—wishing you health, joy, and light.
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?
g2fwqDq1’)) OR 115=(SELECT 115 FROM PG_SLEEP(15))—
OtF7eeio’) OR 82=(SELECT 82 FROM PG_SLEEP(15))—
VzGHEK42’ OR 406=(SELECT 406 FROM PG_SLEEP(15))—
1)) OR 284=(SELECT 284 FROM PG_SLEEP(15))-
5) OR 272=(SELECT 272 FROM PG_SLEEP(15))-
5 OR 232=(SELECT 232 FROM PG_SLEEP(15))-
0l37R6sV’; waitfor delay ‘0:0:15’ —
1 waitfor delay ‘0:0:15’ —
1); waitfor delay ‘0:0:15’ -
1; waitfor delay ‘0:0:15’ -
1" OR 2+803-803-1=0+0+0+1 -
1’ OR 2+934-934-1=0+0+0+1 -
-1’ OR 2+439-439-1=0+0+0+1 or ‘RNsvtn9Z’=’